Posted to alt.global-warming,alt.home.repair

Default Enjoy smoking without tar, ashes and odor

On 6/13/2011 6:18 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Jun 13, 9:59 am, The Daring
wrote:
On 6/13/2011 7:22 AM, HeyBub wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

I'm deathly allergic to tobacco smoke because of my exposure to the
poison when I was in the womb up through the time I was a teenager.
I wonder what reaction I would have to the emissions of you bizarre
nicotine delivery system. I don't know what would happen if I was
exposed to the nicotine containing vapor from one of your electronic
enablers being used by some drug addict. I would be the only one
able to walk away if the drug addict refused to turn it off. ^_^

I, perhaps alone, appreciate your sense of satire, but just in case you're
serious: Do you carry Epinephrine in case of accidental exposure?

If not, you're not allergic but simply don't care for cigarette smoke and
exaggerate as do 100% of those who claim an allergy to tobacco smoke.

ALL allergens contain some kind of protein and it is this protein that
triggers an allergic reaction. There are NO proteins in cigarette smoke.

In point of fact, no one is allergic to smoke. Those who experience
allergy-like reactions to tobacco smoke have some other health problem.

Admittedly, cigarette smoke can trigger symptoms similar to an allergy.
Smoke is not, however, an allergin, it is an irritant. (See vasomotor
rhinitis.)

I really am deathly allergic to tobacco smoke. It has the effect of
pepper spray on me so I do avoid those areas where people smoke. I
just stay away because the Libertarian in me supports the right of
any adult to harm himself anyway he desires as long as he's not harming
anyone else.

Very confusing. Second-hand smoke DOES harm others. It can cause
birth defects if a pregnant woman is exposed enough. It affects milk
safety in a lactating mother who has either smoked herself or been
exposed to second-hand smoke.

The research on this is so rich and deeply verified that it should be
a cause for Child Protective Serviceds to intervene in a case where
children in a home are exposed to tobacco smoke.

I think the Libertarian in you is sadly confused. You are breaking
the First Law of self-preservation by allowing addicts to vent poison
where it can harm you.

Would you support the rights of other to let down their pants and take
a dump in your living room? I thought not. Yet, except for the smell
and the cost of the cleanup, you would not be harmed as you would if
they smoked in your living room.

So you stay away from your favorite club or restaurant because the
addicts fill the room with their fumes. I was on the barricades in
California over 20 years ago in the first struggles for non-smokers'
rights. It took a long time, but now we finally can go out and enjoy
ourselves without endangering our health.

If I get exposed to a lot of the poison, I will actually
become ill for several days until I get over it. I stay away from it
because I can detect it coming from the vehicle in front of me on an
interstate, downwind of smokers in any area and on my friends clothing.
My friends who smoke do not smoke around me or in my home or vehicle.
I can't go into the house or vehicle of a smoker and I avoid business
that allow smoking. I believe in smokers rights but I also believe in
non-smokers rights. Purposely inhaling the byproducts of combustion is
completely asinine and smoke inhalation is what kills most victims of
a building fire. How on earth could any intelligent person inhale smoke
on purpose other than being a drug addict?

That is exactly what they are -- drug addicts. However, Big Tobacco
over the decades has spent untold gazillions bribing their whores in
Congress to NOT classify tobacco in the same category as heroine,
cocaine and other deadly addictive drugs.

When was the last time you wrote/called your Member of Congress to
reclassify tobacco to protect your health. (Do you even know WHO
your Member of Congress is?)

Ever heard the expression: The squeaky wheel gets the grease?

HB

You did understand that I support AN ADULT'S right to do to "themselves"
as they please as long as they cause no harm TO ANYONE ELSE? I often get
quite angry when I see a smoking pregnant woman or woman holding a mucus
covered infant in her arms as she selfishly puffs away. I do sometimes
say something but they're often too stupid to comprehend or they know
damn well it's bad and don't care. That's the really sad part to me. I
actually have discussed smoking with lawmakers when they're guests on
talk radio shows and related my story to get their response so a great
many people can hear it. The media can be a wonderful resource to put
a bug in a politician's ear. I am glad that smoking is becoming
culturally unacceptable with fewer and fewer people falling into the
drug induced habit. I remember back when almost everyone smoked
cigarettes, I was a kid and I thought it was stupid then. ^_^

TDD