Posted to alt.global-warming,alt.home.repair

Default Enjoy smoking without tar, ashes and odor

On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 13:52:47 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 6/13/2011 1:32 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 11:59:05 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

[snip]

How on earth could any intelligent person inhale smoke
on purpose other than being a drug addict?

TDD

I never understood it either. I wouldn't have known anything about
cancer as a teenager, but is still stunk and caused coughing when
around smokers.

In the middle of the last century when I was a child, nobody knew any
better about the dangers of smoking.

Is that why they were called "coffin nails" at least as far back as the '20s?

Both my parents were Regular Army
during WWII so like the majority of adults at the time, they smoked like
choo-choo trains. I could not breath, I wasn't a snot nosed kid, I was
green slime kid. It was constantly coming out of me and when I was
10 or 11, I was put in the hospital for the obligatory tonsillectomy
that was SOP at the time. Doctors found that my tonsils and adenoids
were so swollen and inflamed that it was blocking my breathing. I can't
hate the adults who exposed me to such airborne poison because they had
no idea they were harming me but I sure can resent it. There is no
excuse these days to expose children to tobacco smoke. :-(

TDD