Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Siphon a truck tank?

On 6/13/2011 5:57 PM, aemeijers wrote:
On 6/13/2011 5:22 PM, Larry W wrote:
In
,

Harry wrote:
On Jun 12, 4:53 pm, "A. wrote:
On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 20:47:07 -0700, Harry K wrote:
My 89 F150 will no longer draw gas from the main tank. Not a biggee as
the truck is my beat to crap 'wooding' rig and hasn't been more
than 30
miles fromthe house in over 20 years.

I want to recover the gas that is in the tank (full) somehow. Is there
a way to beat the anti-siphon baffle? Or is there some other way to
drain that tank?

Harry K

If the tank is of no use now or in the future, punch a hole in the
bottom.

I've debated doing just that

Harry K

FYI I've successfully fixed pinholes in the bottom of at lease 3 fuel
tanks
with a sheet metal screw and a dollop of epoxy. and never had one fail.

If yard is level, how is siding buried on only 2 sides? Fixing yard is
proper solution, but you need more than a trench. I passed up one
otherwise interesting house while house-shopping because of buried
siding. Drove by a few months later, and they had about a 3-foot gravel
path around house where they had dug it out, with a railroad-tie
retaining wall about a foot tall on the other side. To my eye, it looked
like there would still be water problems in heavy rain, and with spring
snowmelt.

Any water problem is fixable, if you throw enough money at it. Trouble
is, the required amount of money can quickly approach what the house is
worth. Need to find these problems before you buy, if at all possible.

--
aem sends...

Sorry- My Tbird newsreader went brain-dead, and posted this to wrong
message. I was aiming at the buried-siding thread. Time to reboot, I guess.

aem sends...