Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Miter Gauge purchased

On 6/13/2011 8:03 PM, Edward Hennessey wrote:

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
On 6/13/2011 5:15 PM, Edward Hennessey wrote:

Snip

Let me know how it fares with cutting wide wood. On the test
morning, there wasn't going to be time to sanitize the dust
collector (me) before launch into the world. But later thought
about the issue settled on the notion that the cantileverd fence
could be hitched up to the back of a wide board with an
underhanded palm and upward thumb so it would feed
without a bump at the forward lip of the table. If you get a
chance to evaluate the maneuver before I do or arrive at a
better technique, please lend it to my ear.

More than likely I will not be using this miter gauge for wide panels
even though I did put a lot of focus on the length of the guide bar. I
have right and left Dubby Jigs/sleds for cutting that kind of stuff
and when wide enough I simply use the rip fence. i mostly wanted a
dead on gauge for squaring the ends of boards so that I would not have
to pullout the sleds. I found that the Kreg saw more action than I
imagined and the Incra is such a step up it too may see even more
action once I add the 27-49" telescoping fence.
Simply put if the fence will not sit on the TS top I will get the sled
out.

And, hey, the choice of name or derived nickname is yours. I
barged into Usenet on a group where certificated monikers
was the norm, so that's the signature in the fingers' muscle
memory.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

You want a nick name??? Let me see here.... hummmmm ummmmmmm

man, ,,,,, How about Ed? ;~)

L:

As long as you don't mind Leonidas. Now that's a snapping
nickname. But after the throaty vibration of your consideration,
I woulda saw "Buzz" if we were taking bets.

Well at first FRANK came to mind... ;~)