Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Lintel...which one?

On Jun 13, 5:06 pm, "mark" wrote:
"Jim K" wrote in message

On Jun 13, 3:46 pm, "mark" wrote:
I am building over a flat roof garage which has a cavity wall except for
the
front. Wall to be brick outer and block inner.
I need to put a cavity lintel over the front and this will be 3450mm
long.
There is a choice of standard or heavy duty.

Which one do I need? The HD one is 200+ dearer than the standard. It's
no
good asking the manufacturer as they just say have a structural eng.
decide.
So can anyone tell me a typical application for each grade of lintel?

Thanks

mark

won;t your Building Inspector want a say in this?

The BCO wants to see the lintel in place on her next visit.

mark

best ask her what she expects to see then? otherwise you may end up
doing it twice....

Jim K