Posted to alt.home.repair
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Siphon a truck tank?

It's simple to know what you have. *DO YOU HAVE FUEL INJECTION? *If
yes, the pump is in the tank. *If you have a CARBURETOR, the pump is
on the engine. *You may be too old to crawl under the car, but come
on, I'm sure you can determine if you have a carb or F.I. *- Hide quoted text -

The '89 F-150 I had was fuel injection, long wheel base. The tank was
easy to lower and the straps were not rusted to any degree. You
didn't need to be a mechanic, just have common sense, to do a detailed
inpsection or a fix, relative to the poster's described problem, which
was similar to what I had to do when I removed my gas tank.

Sonny