Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Propane heater help needed

On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 19:28:21 -0700 (PDT), Ivan Vegvary
wrote:

My hope was that I could work this winter by 'spot' heating a small
15'x15' open space area. I would only go in there maybe once or
twice a week and ergo my concern about the pilot light.

Ivan, forget propane and all the extra air you'd need to import from
the frozen hinterlands to breathe after firing it up. Instead, build a
simple house (2x4s and OSB) around 16x16x10' area (less cutting) and
insulate it cheaply with fiberglass. Now use a single 1,500W ceramic
heater to make the whole "room" toasty in minutes. Slap on a couple
gallons of eggshell white paint and four 4' dual fluors and you're
good to go.

I'll bet you could build the whole thing with the same budget you'd
need for propane in one winter.

--
The ultimate result of shielding men from the
effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.