Posted to uk.d-i-y
MuddyMike MuddyMike is offline

Default More wireless router issues

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...
MuddyMike wrote:

We have an annex to our home we let as a holiday apartment. Some clients
ask
if wireless internet is available. It is but only if they care sit in the
garden as the existing signal does not reach the annex. I don't want to
move
the route as it covers our house perfectly, is there a way of adding
wireless to the annex from our existing connection? Something I can
switch
on when required perhaps?

[My original reply seems to have fallen between the cracks]

As someone mentioned in the other thread, you could get a WiFi repeater,
you would site this somewhere where it could "see" your existing WiFi
access point, and where it could "be seen" from the annexe ... OR you
could wire an ethernet cable from your router to the annexe, and install
a separate WiFi access point there.

Just found this one on Ebay and thought it might solve two problems in one.
Not only would I like to give WiFi access to the annex but I would also like
to connect the Humax freesat box to the network so as to receive BBC I
player. The location of the Humax would give wireless signal to the annex,
but I am unsure if this would do it.
Opinions?

Mike