Posted to uk.d-i-y
robgraham robgraham is offline

Default Blimey, these Rawlplug concrete screws...

On Jun 12, 12:44*pm, The Medway Handyman
wrote:
On 12/06/2011 12:11, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

drugs began to take hold. I remember The Other Mike
*saying something like:

Maybe these?

http://www.rawlplug.co.uk/index.php?...task=view&id=9...

That's the ones. My local stockist only had the Torx-head versions, but
that was no problem. The first one went in so easily I thought it
couldn't be a good fixing and would pull out, but no amount of pulling
and tugging on it would shift it.
For 7.5mm the drill hole is 6mm, information which was lacking in the
stockist's shop.

Toolstation sell them, free delivery £10+

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Scre...chors/Masonry+...

Smaller range than SF but you can buy in packs of 10 rather than tie up
loadsamoney buying 100's.

The pack label calls them 'Thunderbolts' & they have the advantage that
both the pack & the bolt head are marked with the size - which is the
drill size. *So an M10 bolt uses an M10 drill bit - simples.

I use the 6 x 50mm (£2.46 for 10) for those large hanging basket
brackets people buy, fix with plugs, then call me in when it falls off :-)

2 of those & it will support my considerable bulk hanging from it.

I use the M10 x 100 (£4.83 for 10)for deck ledger plates, awnings &
fence posts attached to walls.

Incredibly strong fixing.

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Dave - I read this thread as indicating that these bolts are only
suitable for concrete. Is that the case or do they function just as
well in brick or stone ?

Rob