Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Betamax VCR Alignment Tapes - Which Do I Need?

Chris F. wrote in message
I've done a little research, and what I've determined is that the

alignment
tapes are all pretty much the same. The difference is that some are later
versions, with extra test signals for things like hifi sound, so I assume
that each new version was meant to replace the previous one. If this is
true, than I only need the most recent version, which I think is the

KR-1V.

"Jeffrey Angus" wrote in message
On 6/12/2011 1:46 PM, Chris F. wrote:
I have a chance to buy some original Sony alignment cassettes,
but there are several available and I'm wondering which ones I
need:

You know, since you've sort of made yourself a Beta repository,
you might as well get all of them, "just in case."

You'll hate yourself later if you need one you could have bought
but didn't.

Jeff

--
"Everything from Crackers to Coffins"

Sod's Law being what it is , if you have only one test tape it will snag and
get mangled , stretch or delaminate in the vital section.