Posted to rec.woodworking
Eric[_14_] Eric[_14_] is offline

Default Oak molding

wrote in message

How can I attach 25 feet of quarter-round oak molding to drywall?

What kind of nails should I use? How long should the nails be?

Do I pre-drill the oak molding? (If "Yes", should the holes be
smaller than, larger than, or the same diameter as the nails?

(I don't have a nail-gun and I wouldn't buy one -- or a brad-nailer --
plus a compressor for such a small project).

=======

Did you actually want to attach it to drywall and not the wooden studs
behind it?

Use some PL-100 (or other number )adhesive. Clean up with Varsol equivalent
or paint thinner when done before too hard.

If that is not what you mean drill very fine holes in the oak and use almost
headless pin nails long enough to go through your 3/4" oak + 1/2" drywall
and into the stud at least 3/4". (2 - 2-1/4") Use a stud finder, mark your
studs, drill your trim on the angle of the "meat" of your trim, and then
hammer your nails close to the surface and finish with a nail set so you
don't create too much hammerage on your wood.

Sorry about this group full of bad trolls and a lot of sock puppets
attempting to make you think a conversation is going on between them with a
consensus is happening. It's a problem for newbies and done elsewhere too.

--

Eric