Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
IanM[_4_] IanM[_4_] is offline

Default Concrete tamper

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
"Steve B" fired this volley in
:

How do I get the residual concrete to release from my yard sale
concrete tamper? One of those two handled things with the 8" x 3'
bottom screen. Probably paid too much for it ............... $10.
Spray with vinegar water? Soak overnight in plain water? Spray with
some sort of petroleum product like WD-40 and let soak overnight.

Then hit with power washer? Or just power wash?

Steve

Mechanical shock. Put the screen down on a wooden surface, and start
banging a small wood block on top of the screen with a heavy hammer.

Most of the grod will flake off.

If you're up to the time and noise to do it, a needle scaler will clean
it up nicely.

LLoyd

DON'T apply anything oily unless its clean. Any residue left after
taking Steve's advice should clean up fairly easily with a wire brush
after a good soak in kettle descaler. Once its clean, keep it well
waxed and if you look after your tools, and don't lend it to lazy jerks
it will be easy enough to keep clean.

[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & 32K emails -- NUL: