Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott M Scott M is offline

Default Blimey, these Rawlplug concrete screws...

Bert Coules wrote:

I have but I'm not that experienced in its use. It always feels less
accurate to me than my conventional drills, but I suppose it's possibly
just a matter of practise. Thanks.

I find SDS far more accurate than hammer. You need to be firm with it as
they're heavy and powerful, a combination that can easily send it flying
off target. Push the bit fully in against the surface you're drilling
and hold the drill firmly. Start at slowest speed. You don't need to
throw all your weight against it as the pneumatics do the hammering
(rather than the ratchet & your body weight of a hammer drill) but try
and keep the point engaged or it'll dance.

--
Scott