Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Default DIY Plumbers

On 12/06/2011 12:04, Java Jive wrote:
On Sun, 05 Jun 2011 21:32:14 +0100, Java
wrote:

Or even just: "Change the washers to stop the taps dripping".

To change a washer in any other cold tap, you have to turn off the
main and throw away all the water in the header tank.

Actually, I've just re-examined the stop-cocks, and there is one to
isolate the bathroom cold-taps

To change a washer in any hot tap, you have to throw away all your hot
water as well.

This is correct. There is a stop-cock to the HW tank. But if I close
it right down the hot-taps in the bathroom still run full on.

In that case, do what I suggested earlier. Reach down into the cold
header tank and bung a cork in the outlet which feeds the hot cylinder.
--
Cheers,
Roger