Marv

Default Combi Boilers

Hi,

I've read a few posts about the positive/negative points of combi
boilers.
I'm just selling my house which had an almost new combi boiler when I
moved in and to be honest I have been less than impressed by it. I
did speak to my neighbour who was a plumber and mentioned this to him,
he seemed to think that the Ariston that I had was not particually
good anyway.

I did not like that when only the hose pipe was on, its pressure was
useless. If I took a shower and either the washing machine or
dishwasher was on then the shower kept cutting out. Also quite often
it failed to start up.

Anyway the point of my post, we have found a house we like but it has
a combi boiler installed (in the loft ?), dont know what make it is
but my question is, is it more than likely to still have the same
problems as this is how combi boilers work ? Also its currently a 3
bed house with 8 rads, we will be extending to make a fouth bed room
and bigger kitchen so that will probably be 10 rads in total. Would
this be to much for a combi boiler ?

If so then what are my options of removing the combi boiler and
replacing it with a conventional system ? Could everthing be placed
in the loft still ?

Sorry for the long post, many thanks.

Marv.