Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Siphon a truck tank?

On Jun 10, 8:47*pm, Harry K wrote:
My 89 F150 will no longer draw gas from the main tank. *Not a biggee
as the truck is my beat to crap 'wooding' rig and hasn't been more
than 30 miles fromthe house in over 20 years.

I want to recover the gas that is in the tank (full) somehow. *Is
there a way to beat the anti-siphon baffle? *Or is there some other
way to drain that tank?

Harry K

Thanks all. Sounds like a trip to the local mechanic. I'm waaayyy to
old to crawl around under a rig anymore. Ford shop says "dunno what
will be found, I don't know what type of system is in the truck,
couild be switch, pump, or something else". They didn't even know if
there was a pump in both tanks or a common pump. Real helpful guys,
how about looking in the freakin manual to see what system is there?
Of course I _could_ visit the library but it still comes back to
someone else will have to get the gas out if I can't siphon it.

Harry K