Posted to rec.woodworking
busbus busbus is offline

Default What does anybody think of a Harbor Freight air compressor?

On Jun 10, 10:53*pm, Doug Winterburn wrote:
On 06/10/2011 07:39 PM, k-nuttle wrote:

On 6/10/2011 7:57 PM, RonB wrote:

I have this one for airing up tires on the 54th wheel and occasional
brad nailer use when out of range of the "big 240V" compressor. *On sale
and with a 20% off coupon, got it for under $40.

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-gallon-100-psi-oilless-pancake-air-com...

Noisy, but works great.

I ended up getting one of these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/merchan...sor-95499.html

I got it for $60, so if it lasts a year or two, I have to be ahead of
the game. I will be using it to inflate tires and basketballs and
such plus a new roof. If it lasts thru the roof, anyways, I will have
gotten my money's worth. It is a noisy little bugger but I can deal
with it for 60 bucks.

I know it is a Chinese throwaway tool and, yes, it will certainly
develop a leak sooner rather than later but I have no fears that it
will explode. There is a relief valve and it works just peachy. Why
are people so afraid of something that will (statistically) never
happen? I know the quality is not top notch but if these things
failed and actually BLEW UP, then I don't think HF would still be
around. Nor would Crapsman or Campbell-Hausfeld or just about any
company!

busbus