Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Brick quantities for various bonds

On Jun 12, 8:17*am, Richard wrote:
http://www.ibstock.com/pdfs/guide-to...good-practice-...

On page 13 it shows various bonds. Every one except one is a brick
thick. Bottom right gives quantities of bricks for one square meter of
brickwork, a half brick thick.

Question: Why have they quoted quantities for a half brick thick, when I
presume, in practice, nobody would build those bonds a half brick thick,
(except stretcher bond)?

Would it not have been better to give figures for a brick thick wall?
Thanks.

Half a brick thick is100mm. A "brick" in this case is considered to
be the length of the brick ,not the width if yo usee waht I mean.
Dunnowhy they do this,hallowed tradition I suppose.

The number of bricks required is not effected by the bond,only the
area and thickness of the wall (ie volume)