Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Naptha?

On Jun 10, 2:42*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

There is no law against selling it in CA, which makes sense, because they
sell gasoline. g I checked the law, too.

I am surprised that Coleman Fuel is okay. I doubt if the same stuff
is legal if sold as paint thinner. You can not buy regular paint in
California. It has to be low volatile paint.

But in the L.A. area it is against the law to sell gasoline powered
lawn mowers.

Apparently it's a matter of what customers are buying, and, thus, what
retailers are stocking. Coleman tells me that it's hard to find in many
parts of the country because customers have switched to propane.

BTW, in NJ, I just bought a box of TSP a few days ago.

Did you take a good look at the contents? I started to buy a box
clearly labeled TSP, but in the fine print it said that it was
actually Sodium Carbonate. I do not think you can buy detergents in
N.Y. with phosphates.

--
Ed Huntress