Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default No comments from the GUN_Lovers

On 6/10/2011 6:51 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 18:14:58 -0400,
wrote:

On 6/10/2011 4:09 PM, Oren wrote:
(snip)
I voted against hiring a newbie. He was not able to tell me if I
ordered him to shoot a man, would he do it, based on my orders.

The guy was hired ( 3-1 vote) and I kept him off my shift roster.

Not a fair test Oren- nobody knows until and unless they are in that
situation, if they could pull the trigger. Training probably helps, but
even the Army says trained but inexperienced troops have a large
percentage that don't actually fire their weapon, they just hunker down.

I hope I never have any reason to find out if I could do it or not.
Either way, I probably would not be happy with myself.

I think it was fair. My life and many others depended upon making a
decision. I was probing if the applicant could actually make a
spontaneous decision -- saving lives of the innocent.

If the guy applied for the job I need to know if he can act in a
difficult situation.

A guy left a suicide note at home, planning to use a government gun to
harm himself.

Who hired that guy? Difficult questions need to asked in some
circumstances.

I have great respect for people that say: This job is not for me.

My point being- even if the applicant replies 'Yes', either thoughtfully
or resoundingly, you (and he) wouldn't really know for sure, until such
time as the situation arose. Even people who HAVE been in firefights
before sometimes blue-screen when they are in a kill-or-be-killed situation.

--
aem sends...