Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default No comments from the GUN_Lovers

Robert Green wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
harry wrote:

Disarming 99% of criminals is quite easy. Have a gun free
environment.
The remaining 1% get their weapons from places like the USA.

There will be a hearing today (Friday) in the Congress regarding the
ATF's "Fast and Furious" program. The program allowed (literally)
thousands of guns to be purchased in the US for delivery to drug
gangs in Mexico.

Let's look at the facts:

* Gun dealers in Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona recorded windfall
profits thanks to the ATF,
* Domestic gun manufacturers and importers, too, made extra profits,
* Our nation's balance-of-payments improved,
* The guns were used, mainly, by members of one Mexican drug gang to
kill members of other Mexican drug gangs.

Some say: "Where's the bad?"

Here's the bad - it's quite obvious to anyone who knows what's
happening that many, many more people than cartel members are being
killed by ATF supplied weapons. Heads are gonna roll on this:

http://tucsoncitizen.com/view-from-b...unner-program/

Oh, I agree that anything bringing grief to the ATF is a Good Thing (TM).
Especially when they brought it upon themselves.

And I agree that it's not all black and white, that some innocent persons
get caught in the crossfire. Still, I, uh, don't think it's quite fair to
condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up...