Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser[_3_] Lobby Dosser[_3_] is offline

Default Back To "Behaviors" - Pendulum Ideas For Future Piece(s)

"charlie b" wrote in message
I suspect that we are using the term "swing" differently ; )

Now I'm looking into how a kid on a swing "pumping" can get higher and
higher
without anyone pushing and without touching the ground. Turns out it's
about raising and lowering one's center of gravity, decreasing and
increasing
the effective pendulum's length. Got that worked out such that the
behavior can be programmed into my little micro-controller.

Now to figure out how kids do the same thing - while sitting.

I'm hoping to use the Kid On A Playground Swing behavior to evoke fond
childhood memories in viewers of a future piece. Will just the movement
of a swinging object behaving as if an unseen kid is "pumping" it be
recognized?

If it is articulated?