Posted to rec.woodworking
willshak willshak is offline

Default What does anybody think of a Harbor Freight air compressor?

Bill wrote the following:
-MIKE- wrote:
On 6/10/11 3:21 PM, CW wrote:
wrote in message

I am in the market and this one seems intriguing. I have some clamps
and such from them and they are okay--I am not so sure about things
like air compressors.

http://www.harborfreight.com/25-hp-2...sor-67847.html

150 PSI Chinese bomb. Considering the quality level of HF merchandise
(everywhere from not bad to total crap) I wouldn't trust them with my
life
and that's what you are doing using their air compressor. Odds are
though
you won't get the one welded together by the ****ed off slave labor.
Feeling
lucky?

So you're one of those guys who thinks an air talk can explode like a
bomb, huh?

I assume it's got a safety valve of some sort. What's the skinny?

Bill

Chinese stuff is presumed to be crap, like Japanese stuff was in the 50s.
Does he know that Japanese products, like US products, have been
outsourced to China for years?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY