Posted to rec.woodworking
willshak willshak is offline

Default What does anybody think of a Harbor Freight air compressor?

Larry W wrote the following:
In article ,
CW wrote:
...snipped...

150 PSI Chinese bomb. Considering the quality level of HF merchandise
(everywhere from not bad to total crap) I wouldn't trust them with my life
and that's what you are doing using their air compressor. Odds are though
you won't get the one welded together by the ****ed off slave labor. Feeling
lucky?

Yes, it would be _so_much_better_ to buy one from Campbell Hausfield,
Husky, or some other name-brand- ALSO made in China!

I replaced my CH compressor which died, with a HF compressor. I figured
the cheaper price offsets the assumed longevity of the more expensive
compressors.
My CH compressor was only used for topping off tires and pool equipment.

To the OP:

I can't speak for that particular compressor but I have used one of their
smaller 8 gal horizontal tank models for weekend warrior use for about
6 years now without trouble.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY