Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default DIY Plumbers

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 23:02:02 +0100, "Midge"
wrote:

My solution was a bit cheaper but probably just as effective. I turned up a
couple of S/H Snap-On "crows-foot" spanners on e-bay in the US - and pushed
the ratchet, extension bars and UJ from a knackered old 3/8ths socket set
back into service. I now have one HELL of a tap spanner!

I think I paid about $13 for each including postage - which is a bargain
really as Snap-On stuff fetches silly prices over here, even when used.

I thought that USAnians used "wrenches" rather than "spanners" ;-)

--
Frank Erskine