Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Eggshell shelf life

Many, many paints have been substantially reformulated over the past year
or so to conform with new regulations. So experience from the past might
not be a good guide to the future.

Rod

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 17:08:02 +0100, Bob Minchin
wrote:

MuddyMike wrote:
wrote in message

After using it a couple of times, how long can I keep a can of good
quality eggshell paint before the paint is not usable?

Depends on the paint and storage temperatures. I replace the air in the
top
of the tin with propane from my gas torch, this makes my paints stay
good
(with no skin forming on oil paints) for much longer.

Mike

Interesting idea Mike! I'll have to try that.
I invert my part-used paint tins for storage. Any skin that forms is
left in place. Stirring does have to be done with care though!

Bob