Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default bending nails

On Jun 9, 8:30*pm, "
wrote:
On Thu, 9 Jun 2011 18:28:44 -0700 (PDT), Joe wrote:
On Jun 8, 11:58 am, gcotterl wrote:
How do I prevent finish nails from bending when I hammer the nails
through pre-drilled holes in quarter-round oak molding into drywall?
(I'm not using a brad-nailer).

Put the molding up with construction adhesive. Hold the molding in
place with painters tape or some other ingenious trick until the
adhesive cures. Doesn't take long and there are NO holes to putty.

It's one PITA if you ever have to take the molding down.

Less trouble actually because the drywall paper stuck on the back is
easily removed. The whole length of molding is not normally adhesive
coated, just enough to keep the trim in place. BTDT..

Joe