Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Home Guy Home Guy is offline

Default SOLVED: Was: Estimating KWh electicity billing using clamp-on ampmeter

Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds wrote:

so the question becomes: given your previous description of
electricity usage, why is your service more than 200 Amps?

I am not the original owner of the building.

The building was obviously spec'd for a different style of usage.
and the corresponding service was installed.

But the fact remains that you are in an inappropriate service
tier

You should define what you mean by "innappropriate service tier".

When it comes to the rate I pay for power, my electricity provider does
not distinguish me (with a 3-phase, 400 amp service) from any other
small commercial operation under 50 kw that might have a 1 or 2 phase,
100 or 200 amp service.

and should do something about that

If you mean that I should change my service from 3 phase 400 amp to 2
phase 200 amp, and by doing so change my switch gear, fusing,
distribution bus and re-wire my panels, do you honestly believe such a
change would result in anything different in the short or long term
other than my wallet being several thousand dollars lighter?