Posted to alt.home.repair

Default bending nails

On Jun 8, 11:58*am, gcotterl wrote:
How do I prevent finish nails from bending when I hammer the nails
through pre-drilled holes in quarter-round oak molding into drywall?
(I'm not using a brad-nailer).

You can also try holding the nail with a pair of needle-nosed pliers
to help hold it straight, but hitting it squarely without any sideways
motion of the hammer head when you hit it squarely is still the only
sure-fire method, and, even then, cheap finishing nails from a cheap
hardware store like the Menards chain of stores are softer and bend
more than high-quality nails. Some of the Menards nails are not much
better than hard butter.