Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Couldn't fix the faucet, so I replaced it.

There's no real point to this post, unless folks want to discuss what
the problem might have been...

Up until last night, I had this faucet in my kitchen:

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatal...0/ccc10121.jpg

A few months ago we noticed that there was substantially less pressure
on the hot side than on the cold. I timed it and found that for a
given container, the cold filled it in 7.5 seconds, but the hot took
over 10 seconds.

Getting warm water was a pain, because you had to go almost all the
way to hot and then you started losing pressure.

I called Kohler and they sent me new cartridge. It didn't help, so I
tried a few things. I swapped the hot and cold inlet tubes and the
problem moved to the cold side - in fact it was even worse. That told
me that the problem was in the faucet, not my plumbing.

I pulled the cartridge and, leaving the inlet tubes hanging over a
pot, I poured water down into the body hoping to flush something out
of the tubes. I saw a little debris in the pot and hoped I'd cleared
it.

No such luck. The problem was still there when I put it back together.

I replaced the faucet with a similar model from Delta (with a lifetime
guarantee) and now get 7.5 second fill times from both hot and cold,
and warm water when I center the handle.

I can only assume that there is something blocking the fill tube that
didn't get flushed out. I may take it apart just to see.