Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Noisy shower valve

On Jun 8, 11:48*am, Jimmy wrote:
Smarty wrote:
Can't really be sure if your neighbor's issue is the same as mine, and
worse yet, it may cost hundreds of dollars to replace the valve, only to
find that the new valve is as noisy as the original. Sound deadening
insulation may, as was previously suggested, be a much safer and more
effective solution.

What about just replacing the cartridge? *I have a feeling that would
accomplish just as much as replacing the entire valve, and I could do
it myself for the cost of the part.

Jimmy

If it's a name brand valve, call the company.

Most of the big names will send you a cartridge for free.