Andy Hall

Default Drain cock

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 12:53:02 -0000, "Ed Rear"
wrote:

Went to my daughter's flat this morning intending to flush out her
radiators. Stuck a hose on the drain cock and opened it a little, water
poured out around the screw. The cock is very close to the floor, so not
enough room for a container to catch the water, and in any case it was
coming out quite fast. Is this a normal scenario? I'm going to leave the job
for another day, but would welcome any advice as it will have to be done at
some time.

Ed.

When you are able to drain the system, replace the drain cock with a
"heavy duty" type. These have an O-ring around the spindle inside
which prevents this from happening.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl