Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tabby Tabby is offline

Default Repairing holes in rendered wall

On Jun 8, 8:28*am, (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:
In article ,
* * * * Justine Time writes:

On 07/06/2011 20:27, Tabby wrote:
On Jun 6, 8:26 pm, Justine *wrote:
Am considering wall insulation. The sponge finished rendering is 3 year
old and freshly painted 1 month ago and in excellent condition. Would
you trust the installers to fill the holes to match the rest of the wall.
I was thinking maybe to ask them not to make it flush with the wall and
then I would come along and do my own mix and filling (carefully).
Would I need to know the exact grade of sand the renderer used and what
sort of sponge he used.I don't want to have any scars/shadows as to
where it was plugged.

What do you reckon guys.

Installers tend to make a dogs dinner of this bit. Really if you've no
idea how to get a matching finish, its unlikely you will.

NT

In that case I would be prepared to pay the guy who did the rendering to
do it, but then, even though he has been in the business a million years
or so it could be difficult/impossible for him to achieve a perfect
finish.I will contact him.

It's impossible, even if he used the same mix the next day.

I would sooner go without insulation than have patches all over the walls.

What about injection from the inside? That's probably easier to
repair invisibly.

Absolutely. Not hard to get a good filled finish. Another option is to
skim the outside after its done, with cement mix.

NT