Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default OT not reading DVD's

On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 23:24:13 +0100, Dave
wrote:

On 06/06/2011 09:46, Mark wrote:
On Sun, 05 Jun 2011 16:20:54 +0100,
wrote:

On 03/06/2011 09:37, Mark wrote:

FWIW the data layer in a CDROM is close the the label side but a DVD
has the data layer(s) near the centre.

A few years ago, I had stuck a CD label to the wrong disk and tried to
remove it. Where it has stuck well, I removed the CD label, the CD
became see through.

Using some software like IsoBuster you should be able to read data
from the disk even if it is not finalised.

At $30-00 it wouldn't be worth me buying it for this sort of work.

New twist. When I discovered that the DVD's needed cleaning, I changed
back to Kodak ones. One of them I had recorded to came back as empty
from 4 different drives last week. Looks like a lot of work and
investigation is called for nor, to get to the bottom of this problem.

There's a free version of IsoBuster. It might still do what you need.

A pointer would be nice, please.

I don't understand why you would need a pointer. It's easy to find.
www.isobuster.com
--
(\__/) M.