Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water heater

On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 05:25:06 -0600, Robert Neville wrote:

"Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" wrote:

which according to the poster I was responding to contributes to heating the
house in the winter and as I said must therefore contribute to heating the house
in the summer...which must be a loss (AC)

Be careful of making assumptions based on where you live. It's quite common in
moderate temp climates to have the hot water heater located outside the heating
envelope of the house - i.e. in the garage.

Ours is in an unheated (and uninsulated) attic above the garage (a room that
I'm currently finishing into a workshop).