Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Filling an indentation on a flat roof

On Jun 7, 6:29*pm, Vic Smith wrote:
On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 15:33:34 -0400, frank1492
wrote:

The roof in question is mineral roll roofing over a sunroom. It has
been in place for many years and regularly receives a new coating of
brushable roof sealer.
* * My question: There are a couple of places where the roof puddles
badly, and historically these have been the source of leaks if I do
not recoat on almost an annual basis. I would like to level these
indentations. I had thought of using trowlable roofing cement but
really would like something pourable, which would dry hard and could
be then coated with roof sealer.
* * Is there anything petroleum or non-petroleum based that might
work? I have considered liquid fiberglass, floor leveler, etc but
thought I should ask the experts.
* * Thanks for your help.
* * * * * *Frank

I would get a roofer in to do a tear off, repace what's sagging so you
have a flat roof again, and cover with the new rubberized stuff.
Probably be cheaper in the long run than getting up there all the time
and horsing around with fixes. *BTDT.
Just the "peace of mind" might make it worth it.

--Vic

Cost is soon forgotten...quality is long remembered.

Jimmie