Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default Need non-USB software for APC Model BE350 toconnect to WindowsXP

On 07/06/2011 16:18, wrote:
I have a APC Model BE350 battery back-up. It is 10 years old, and has
a new battery. It has a serial channel - 9 pin connector for
connection to a computer (Windows 95/98/NT/2000). It works fine as an
independent battery-powered back-up. I want to connect it to my
desktop computer which is running Windows XP. All the APC software
assumes a USB cable will be used. Talking to their tech support,
there is nothing available that is serial channel. I don't want to
kluge up something to convert the serial cable to a USB, not even sure
if it can be done. Has anyone done what I need??

Isn't this serial support built into XP?

http://www.apcmedia.com/salestools/T...QVCZ_R2_EN.pdf

--
Adrian C