Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What percentage of machinists are conservative?

On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 10:51:02 -0500, jim
wrote:

" wrote:

On Jun 6, 12:03 pm, Hawke wrote:

What do you think the people created the government to do? Originally,
it was not much. But as time passed and times changed people learned the
government could do a lot more than they could on their own.

Our government was founded on the principal of limited government.
That is, the first and most important function of our government is to
limit government.

So here is a quiz
Which presidents have made government bigger?

The all time champions for the last 5 presidents are
George W Bush and Ronald Reagon.

Federal spending

last Carter Budget = $ 0.68 Trillion
last Reagon Budget $ 1.14 Trillion + 68%
last Bush1 Budget $ 1.41 Trillion + 24%
last Clinton Budget $ 1.86 Trillion + 32%
last Bush2 Budget $ 3.52 Trillion + 89%

2011 budget $ 3.83 Trillion + 9% so far

And if you want to go back a bit more
The Federal spending more than doubled during
The 8 years under Nixon and Ford

So where iare Reagans numbers?
Dont forget that he approved $1 in increases, for every $3 in cuts..and
then the Democrats backed out of the deal..and didnt cut anything.

Why not go back a bit more..to say...JFK?

And dont forget FDR......

Now about the Obamassiah......?

I Strongly suggest you review the Obama numbers a bit harder....

VBG

I knew you would leave a bunch out....a very big bunch....
Here..let me help you out...

http://www.rense.com/general92/234.htm

Gunner

The current Democratic party has lost its ideological basis for
existence.
- It is NOT fiscally responsible.
- It is NOT ethically honorable.
- It has started wars based on lies.
- It does not support the well-being of americans - only billionaires.
- It has suppresed constitutional guaranteed liberties.
- It has foisted a liar as president upon America.
- It has violated US national sovereignty in trade treaties.
- It has refused to enforce the national borders.

....It no longer has valid reasons to exist.
Lorad474