Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default O.T. Titanic.

"Robert Green" wrote in
:

I didn't realize the Netherlands was number two on a very, very bad
list to be near the top of. How do the casualties break down?

There was a 5-day battle in 1940 near where I grew up (I moved there is an
infant in 1947). Treason and the bombardment of Rotterdam, mch further to
the west settled the battle.

Also, there were many Jews in Holland, and more had sought refuge in
Holland since everyone thought that Holland would again be neutral in WWII,
just like in WWI. Finally, the winter of 44-45 was one of the most severe
ever, and transportation of foods from the outer provinces to central
Holland was halted by the Germans after the Dutch railroad personnel struck
during the ill-fated operation Market Garden ("A bridge too far").

--
Best regards
Han