Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default A Fender and some lead-free problems ?

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

"Arfa Daily"

Interestingly, I would have said that the Trace Idiots I've seen here for
the most part, fall in the 'better built' category ...

** So you have not seen the 4 x EL84 ( Trace Elliot- Gibson) models where
the valve sockets shrink due heat ?

The EL84s' pins become severely toed-in and installing new valves is near
impossible - removing the old sockets and fitting 4 new ceramic ones is
about a 3 hour job.

Then you have to wash all the white flux reside off the PCB too, or the
amp will crackle and fart.

.... Phil

Can't honestly say that one of those has crossed my bench that I can
remember, but I'll know what to look for now ... !

Arfa