Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Repairing holes in rendered wall

On 06/06/2011 20:26, Justine Time wrote:
Am considering wall insulation. The sponge finished rendering is 3 year
old and freshly painted 1 month ago and in excellent condition. Would
you trust the installers to fill the holes to match the rest of the wall.
I was thinking maybe to ask them not to make it flush with the wall and
then I would come along and do my own mix and filling (carefully).
Would I need to know the exact grade of sand the renderer used and what
sort of sponge he used.I don't want to have any scars/shadows as to
where it was plugged.

What do you reckon guys.

I reckon you'll be lucky to achieve a perfect match, not least because
the mix used for the render may not work as a shallow filler. You could
do worse than dose a normal sand/cement mix with pva and finish with a
dry washing up type sponge. IME knowing how long to leave it before
using the sponge is the difficult bit. Not too wet, not too dry etc.