Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default microwave follow up..

In message , Ron Lowe writes
On 06/06/2011 20:48, Tim Lamb wrote:
After the recent thread on combination cookers our 15 year old Panasonic
died. Probably from shame at only ever having the grill used by accident
(makes a mess of plastic utensils) and the oven, never.

Power supply OK local fuse OK. Nothing on the display and no functions.

Our new microwave is more-or-less the same.

Our old one had a massive iron-cored transformer etc, but the new one
is lightweight. By 'inverter', I guess they have replaced the HV PSU
with some switch-mode thing.

Yes, it too has fan run-on which is a bit irritating.

By biggest grumble is thet it is so light, it slides about on the
worktop when you press the buttons. At least the old one stayed
solidly put.

Yes. I envisage some sticky backed foam pads under the feet. Might lose
a bit of noise as well.

Just the way they are these days, it seems.

Also gives a wimpy 'zzz' as it fires up, not a proper 'WHUMP-Wooooo'

Oh well. It was not expensive.

regards

--
Tim Lamb