Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default A Fender and some lead-free problems ?

"Arfa Daily"

Interestingly, I would have said that the Trace Idiots I've seen here for
the most part, fall in the 'better built' category ...

** So you have not seen the 4 x EL84 ( Trace Elliot- Gibson) models where
the valve sockets shrink due heat ?

The EL84s' pins become severely toed-in and installing new valves is near
impossible - removing the old sockets and fitting 4 new ceramic ones is
about a 3 hour job.

Then you have to wash all the white flux reside off the PCB too, or the amp
will crackle and fart.

..... Phil