Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Plumbing again ... And an update on Arfa's Burger Joint ...

On 06/06/2011 01:02, Arfa Daily wrote:
Thanks for that John. That seems to be the consensus so far. As to the
tiles, no, not exactly ... We finished up with a vinyl that is rated as
'heavy domestic / light commercial.' The guy who supplied it is one of
our old regular cafe customers, and he was quite honest about how robust
he thought it was going to be. At the end of the day, if it lasts a year
before we have to replace it, we will be happy. The guy is insisting
that he wants to be a customer again when we get it open, so I guess it
would not be in his best interests to sell us something that was really
poor.

Still, it achieves the effect that we wanted, and I guess it has two
chances. Hard to say how durable it will be when the great unwashed
start trampling it, but it seems pretty robust and decent quality, from
what I can see.

In the clean areas of my factory I used a heavy commercial grade vinyl.
It was about 3mm thick and got regular heavy foot traffic - up to 22
hours a days at times. That lasted about 10 years before falling foul of
metal chair legs eating their way through their plastic ends and then
into the vinyl.

Colin Bignell