Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default microwave follow up..

In message , Tim Lamb
writes
After the recent thread on combination cookers our 15 year old
Panasonic died. Probably from shame at only ever having the grill used
by accident (makes a mess of plastic utensils) and the oven, never.

Power supply OK local fuse OK. Nothing on the display and no functions.

Do I take the back off or is it junk? I have noted previous warnings
about high voltage capacitors.

Also..

The replacement which is micro only weighs about 1/3rd. of the
original. I was a younger man when I lifted it on top of the fridge!
Claims to be an inverter model and has a curious feature as the *fan*??
starts and continues running after the cooked item is removed and the
door re-closed.

If this is necessary to cool the electronics they really ought to make
it clear because my wife is in the habit of leaving the door open (i.e.
fan off) to let the cooking steam disperse.

On ours the fan runs whilst operating and then continues running once
the program completes. Regardless of door open or closed.

I've always assumed it was to clear steam etc. from the cooker cavity
--
Chris French