Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Now Which Miter gauge??

On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 06:44:07 -0500, Leon wrote:

Now I realize that the Incra probably has a guide bar slot adjustment
just ahead of the fence position and farther forward towards the end of
the bar. How many in the span I do not know, and I am not going to
argue with your results as you have the proof and I only have
speculation to the possible results. Generally speaking the more guide
bar adjustments the less likely that there will be any left/right
pivoting.

Years ago, Incra came out with the Miter Slider line. They only had two
slot adjustments, one at each end, which made them pretty well useless
any time either end was off the table. I did a quick check and found
that the 18" model is still like that. The 25" model has 3. Oh well.

Myself, I'm kind of partial to these:

http://www.ptreeusa.com/miter_t_bar_detail.htm

Shouldn't be that hard to replace the bar on a miter gauge with one of
these. So far I've just used them for jigs like sliding tables so I
haven't tried.