Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replacing burner on 1960's American Standard Boiler..

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
That's interesting, about your oil consumption. The OP
didn't say which fuel he uses.

He did say he was in Maine so there is a very good chance it is fuel oil.
Maine is one of the largest consumers of heating oil.

I was skeptical about getting a new boiler, but I'm sure glad I did. I
cannot imagine some of the really large houses and how much they are wasting
with old equipment. The potential to save 40% sounded like some fancy
advertising hype, but the actual savings, based on degree days, is 39.4%.
This was also verified by Energy Kinetics after I sent them the raw data.
The "if it ain't broke" mentality does not apply when you can save a bundle
of money.