Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY Helpless

On Mon, 6 Jun 2011 00:07:35 -0700 (PDT), Matty F wrote:

You never see kids playing with car engines these days...

I couldn't even find the spark plugs in my car. The supplied manuals
didn't say where they were either. Clearly the owner is not meant to
know how to change the plugs.

These days you only change the plugs once or twice in the lifetime of
the car, assuming "lifetime" is somewhere between 100,000 and 200,000
miles.

Pretty much all you need to do on a routine basis, rather than "when
worn", these days is change the oil and oil filter and possibly a
fuel filter. The interval for that can be over 20,000 miles, every
other interval change the air filter and somewhere between 50,000 and
100,000 miles change the cam timing belt.`

Long gone are the days of oil changes and all filters, replacement
points and plugs, lube all the grease points, etc every 3,000 miles.
B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.