Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replacing burner on 1960's American Standard Boiler..

That's interesting, about your oil consumption. The OP
didn't say which fuel he uses.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

You can get a new boiler with little or no cash outlay. You
missed the
federal tax credit, but there may still be state rebates
available, state 0%
financing available. I put in a System 2000 by Energy
Kinetics a couple of
years ago. My fuel savings is 40% over my old boiler. At
2.85 a gallon, the
savings was more than the payment. At $3.75 a gallon, I'm
way ahead for the
year, not to mention more reliable and comfortable.

My house used to use about 800 to 850 gallons a year. Now
I'm using about
480.
In 2010, based on degree days, my oil boiler our have used
838 gallons, my
new on actually used 501, a savings of 337 gallons. At
current fuel prices,
that is $1878 saved. Payments to the state for a 0% loan is
$804. In my
pocket is $1000.

But, it is your money and spend it as you see fit. You can
make the oil man
very happy.