Swingman

Default How to make a fair curve?

"Roy Smith" wrote in message

Wow. You're right about sticker shock. How are those any better than
cheap rasps you can get for under $10? I find a very hand tool to be a
4-in-hand file:

The teeth of a pattern maker's rasp are randomly placed on the surface and
not in rows, like the usual wood rasp. It makes for an exceptionally smooth
cut ... there is no comparison to a cheap rasp for curves and rounding a
plane. I've not used a "micro-plane", simply because I own a couple of
pattern maker's rasps, so I can't vouch for how they work.

IIRC, Highland or Rocklers are more expensive than Lee Valley ... there are
also some European rasps which are very similar, and cheaper, but I have no
idea where to find them.

What's an OSS?

Oscillating Spindle Sander.

--